[C38] Boom bail

Marc-Andrea Klimaschewski marcklim at outlook.com
Wed Jun 1 00:53:40 EDT 2016

Last weekend during Swiftsure we broke the boom bail that the vang attaches
to on Image during a somewhat dynamic jibe. The metal eye ripped off the
backing plate which is inside the boom. It looks like the backing plate is
riveted in.

Does anybody have an idea on how to fix this? I assume I could use a
different method of attaching a vang or upgrade to a rigid one. However, I'd
like to know how to get an internal bail back in since I have an unused slot
all the way forward on the boom that I want to use to attach some blocks to
as well.

On a related note, it was great to meet the skippers and crews of Echo and
Peregrine and look at their boats.

Thanks

marc