[C38] Electric windless

Charles Finn Charles at finn.ws
Mon Jun 13 11:42:39 EDT 2016

I installed a Lewmar horizontal windlass three years ago.  I cut the
chain locker hatch in half and permanently glassed the forward half to
the hull with additional support below with stainless angle iron.  I
carry 60 feet of 5/16 chain and 250 of line, which fit well in the
locker with hose for the washdown pump.   Every once in a while I have
to kick over the pile of chain that builds as it gravity feeds into the
locker.  I can take some photos and post them  in about 2 weeks when I
finally get to my boat and launch her.

Chuck Finn
Mighty Quinn #114
Great Lakes