[C38] Electric windless

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Thu Jul 7 01:44:13 EDT 2016

Richard,

The best place for the water heater IMO is behind the engine, remember when full a 10 gallon heater weighs close to 100 pounds so you really want it on the center line to balance the boat.  That much weight would be best low and near the keel but since that is not an option on our boats putting it behind the engine does not hurt your sailing characteristics, also down wind weight aft is preferred.

I had a Lewmar windlass installed, nice low profile V series, the only complaint I have is that I have to open the anchor locker to help feed the rode as there is not quite enough fall for it to lay nicely on its own.

Steve
Peregrine #312
Seattle