[C38] Purchased Tranquility looking for input about areas of concern.

Terry L. Hines th at cteds.com
Mon Apr 23 23:36:18 EDT 2018

I am in the process of purchasing a Catalina 38 1982 model.
I am concerned about Hull osmosis. Generally is this model boat more or less susceptible to this type of problem.
Are there items that should be on my list that are of significant concern.
Yes I know there are a thousand and one things that need to be considered. This will be my third sailboat project. I am more interested in items that are unique to the CAT 38. An example is the Back Stay mount point. helm Deck Rot. Chain plates why would you use lumber along with a hull attach point? These are some areas that are in need of repair. What other items are of significant concern.
Thanks in advance