[C38] Couple of quick questions

Donald Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Tue May 12 12:18:57 EDT 2020

I cut free most of the shelf of the port cockpit locker for better access.
Under the edge of the remaining shelf, I screwed a wooden ledge that holds
the cut shelf. I did not try for elegance but rather for functionality.
Also installed a door to the stock hole above the shelf, which prevents
lines and other stuff from falling into the engine compartment. I can get
into the engine compartment, barely. I weigh 180 and am 5'9".
The pinched stern and cramped engine compartment is the worst design
element of the C38.
Don Strong