[C38] Stove Replacement

Charles Finn Charles at finn.ws
Wed Nov 18 11:08:26 EST 2020

Pierre,

We converted our stove to propane a long time ago and do a lot of long
sailing trips so the oven is important to us.  I also use the oven
during thunderstorms to protect some of my electronics (Faraday Cage).
But our RV does not have an oven and we seem to do just fine on long
trips, using a grill outside just like we do on the boat.  You could
install a fridge in the stove space and there are off the shelf 12 volt
units available that will fit. Perfect for the chilled beer or wine!

I have seen other C38s who have gotten rid of the stove and simply pull
out the coleman propane stove top when the need it. one pound cylinders
work fine for heating coffee, tea, soup, etc. but do keep a few extras
on board!

If you are going to replace the stove, please do get a gym-balled one! I
have two friends with bad burns from non gym balled units.

Good Luck!
Chuck Finn
Mighty Quinn #114
Lake Superior