[C38] Refrigeration compressor location

Max soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 13:48:46 EST 2020

Thanks Chuck, that’s very good information.  I do have insulation all around my engine room, and you are right, it makes a huge difference.  I’m planning to follow a diagram that I have from Catalina to drill holes inside the icebox so I can fill the voids with polyurethane spray foam.
The cold plate seems like the best way to. Go for extended cruising, so in may case I thing that a regular vertical bin evaporator will do the trick.  I’m planning to install an air cooled Frigoboat unit with a BD50 compressor.
Thinking that leading the tubing from under the sink to the icebox might be challenging, so the sail locker doesn’t sounds that bad.
Regards,
Max Soto A.
+506-8312-1367
Alajuela, Costa Rica