[C38] Catalina cost

1derful at comcast.net 1derful at comcast.net
Fri Mar 19 19:45:24 EDT 2021

Hello from SF Bay,

I retire March 31st so income drops precipitously.

Do any of you have a handle on monthly cost of owning our sailboats?

My slip costs $500 a month and then I assume another $500 to maintain her. I do a lot of the work but she needs to get hauled every once in awhile and a diver comes every other month.

There are probably 200 vessels at my marina and seems to me that 90% of them never leave their slip.
How can a person spend $6,000 (= 12 x $500) a year for a slip and never take their boat out?

Ciao,

Patrick