[C38] Universal engine maintenance most difficult item

S Orton ssorton at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 26 14:40:32 EDT 2021

All,
Changing the universal fuel filter is by far the hardest item to do. Enter from the front, my arm needs to be a foot longer.  Enter from the stb'd quarter birth opening, I can barely get my chest through opening and can only use one arm, which I was able to remove the filter, but I can't get the new filter to catch a tread, because I can't see what I'm doing.  It is by feel only.  Next I'll try to enter from the port locker.  This is probably the last time I changed this filter was 2008- I relied on keeping the suction filter clean.  Next time I'll have the yard do this- maybe they have a 4 1/2 foot mechanic.
Cheers, Steve