[C38] V-Berth hatch from cruising concepts and gasket

Vassili Valayannopoulos vassilival.boston at gmail.com
Sun May 23 19:41:27 EDT 2021

Hello fellow C-38 owners. I just purchased my C-38 in the Boston area and
getting her ready to sail again. Today I was planning to replace the
v-berth hatch by a clear polycarbonate one that I purchased from cruising
concepts. The hatch fits well in the hatch opening but the sides are curved
and when I installed the new gasket (neoprene 1/4”thick) following the
instructions from the YouTube video, I found that there is a half an inch
gap mainly on the starboard side (a bit less on the port side. I am afraid
that this will let water in the v-berth. Has anyone done a similar
installation? Did you encounter the same issue and has anyone come up with
a fix?
Many thanks in advance!

Vassili sailing on “Naftaki”
--