[C38] Pedestal throttle/transmission bushings

Pierre Patino pierre.patino at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 14:31:12 EST 2021

Hi Larry

Oh yeah. I took the whole unit (
https://edsonmarine.com/standard-clutch-and-throttle-control-8/ )  apart. I
had the riser out of the pedestal completely decoupled. Turning the levers
was very hard. I had to use a hammer to get the shafts out (careful not to
mushroom the ends) and no amount of lubrication would make it easy to put
the levers back in. It's like the inside diameter of the Delrin bushings
had decreased. So now I'm waiting for replacement bushings.

Max- interesting information on greasing the bushings. I don't remember if
I did five years ago but I will definitely not do this this time.