[C38] Changed seawater pump impeller fail

Pierre Patino pierre.patino at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 00:55:57 EST 2021

OK. Now I'm in the completely perplexed phase.

I removed the outlet hose from the raw sea water pump. I could blow into
the hose. Furthermore, I rigged a connector and was able to push fresh
water through the system with a garden hose. Water came out of the boat's
exhaust just fine.

I hooked up another hose to the outlet of the raw sea water pump. I placed
the other end into a bucket. I started the engine and seawater came out
into the bucket. Plenty of it.

Then I reconnected the outlet hose to the pump again. I started the engine.
Water and exhaust came out of the exhaust hole for a while and then.... no
more.

So I'm now wondering how to proceed. Is it time to look up the specs of the
pump and get a pressure gauge? Am I missing something obvious?

Sigh