[C38] replacing prop strut

S Orton ssorton at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 21 20:05:18 EST 2021

Hi 38 ers,  I'm puzzled by your drawing.  My hull # is 304, a 1984 model.  Around 2005-8, my strut became slightly "wobbly" due to vibration.  We used a long shanked 1/8 inch bit and drilled up next to the strut to make a gap on each side and packed the gap with epoxy and glass.  It is still working great even with our original vibrating Universal engine.  The strut is definitely glassed in between the matching port and starboard hulls and bolts maybe used for alignment/assembly, but I never remember a bolt flange as shown in the drawing as we ran the drill bit up along the strut a good 2-3 inches.  Maybe others out there have made repairs in this area.  Replacing the complete strut will be a very difficult job!
Cheers, Steve