[C38] Propeller

Charles Finn charles at finn.ws
Tue Jan 25 11:18:15 EST 2022

Prop walk is largely due to the design of our deep keel where our boat
pivots quickly.  The trick is to use short, powerful bursts rather than
a slow reverse.   As soon as you have some water movement going past
your rudder, you can hit it again until you are underway enough that the
rudder can counter the prop walk. Takes a bit of "believing" and
practice... and folks will look up as your boat revs up, but it is the
only answer I have found.  If you think you have prop walk with a Max
Prop, you should see what it's like with a fixed prop!

Chuck Finn
Mighty Quinn #114
Great Lakes