[C38] Transmission shifting vs. RPM

Charles Finn charles at finn.ws
Mon Nov 7 14:24:36 EST 2005

Hmmm...   The Mighty Quinn has been slower to shift of late, but I chose
not to pay attention (I do this from time to time, usually to no good
outcome).  I just dug out my manual for the transmission and it says to
change transmission oil every 300 hours of year (which ever comes
first).  I think I will do this on my next visit to the boat!  But the
picture shows the drain plug on the bottom of the transmission, which
does not look very accessible.  Do folks use a pump to change fluid
through the fill hole or what?

Charles
Mighty Quinn  #114