[C38] has anyone changed the stern seat?

Gus Woods GWOODS at dineout.org
Mon Sep 25 09:44:53 EDT 2006

When we had our C38 painted we took the opportunity to make several
changes, including having the stern seat raised about 6 inches. I'll
look around to see if I have any photographs but it looks great, there
is a little wider gap on either side than before but you would never
know it was not always that way. I am 5'10" and my wife is 5'2" and this
has proved to be a great improvement for us, the collection of cushions
we used before just did not work all that well.

We also moved the interior handrails back one loop as there are other
things to grab on the forward end but we found coming through the
companionway a little challenging. If I had it to do again I would move
them back two loops instead of one.

>>> charles at finn.ws 9/23/2006 6:40:38 PM >>>
I am 6' 5" and my wife is 5' 10" so you would think the stern seat
would
work for one of us, but it seems at least six inches too low for either

of us.  Has anyone out there done something about this?
Charles Finn
Mighty Quinn #114