[C38] Good Old Boat Regatta!

morris pam pam_morris20765 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 8 08:01:23 EDT 2007

Hi all!  I'm trying to get a class start for the Cat
38's in the Good Old Boat Regatta which is sponsored
by Good Old Boat magazine and Shearwater Sailing Club.
  I think this would be a great venue for the east
coast/chesapeake bay cat 38's to show their stern en
force on the race course again.   We'll need 3 boats
for our own start and it is a casual race designed for
Good Old Boats that typically don't race.   It is up
to each class whether to use the spinnaker or not.   I
vote to use the spinnaker....

To enter this regatta the Boat models' first keel had
to be laid before 1975.   I'm not sure if the CAT38
was but I'm positive that the Yankee 38 was as I've
seen 1972 models for sale.  Does anyone out there
know?   The regatta's organization group is a little
funny about the models they want in the race.  They
may not like Catalina!   I'm going to register as a
Sparkman Stevens Yankee 38 built by Catalina to see if
we can qualify.

The regatta is 2 days Oct 6th and Oct 7th.    The
instructions and information can be found:
http://www.shearwatersc.org/
This regatta is a lot of fun and there are some
beautiful boats out there.  What could be more
stunning than a fleet of Cat38's?  We'd probably pick
up some press.

I'll definately be racing so if any Cat38
sailors/racers are around that weekend and want to
race,  please email me.     Thanks and I'll let you
know!    Pam