[C38] Fuel Pump

Mark_Crosby at fpl.com Mark_Crosby at fpl.com
Tue Aug 21 14:51:41 EDT 2007

I agree.  My Facet went out on the intracoastal in heavy traffic right
before a draw bridge.  Thank God for a slight breeze and a small anchor
stowed in the rear compartment.  I replaced it with a standard fuel pump,
and I also rearranged the filter set-up.  I installled a 10 micron between
the tank and the pump, and a smaller micron before the injectors.  Works
like a champ.  Justt about any small engine diesel fuel pump will do
because the injectors will send any excess fuel back to the tank.

Mark Crosby
Fat Cat
Stuart, FL

                      "Bill King"
                      <wcking1 at cox.net>            To:       "Catalina 38 Listserve" <listserve at catalina38.org>
                      Sent by:                     cc:
                      listserve-bounces at cat        Subject:  Re: [C38] Fuel Pump
                      alina38.org

                      08/12/2007 08:19 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "Catalina 38
                      Listserve"

Craig,

I would avoid the Facet pump like the plague.  I found a Stewart/Warner
pump at an auto parts store and it has worked flawlessly for the last 5
years.  My third Facet pump shorted out at the Isthmus on Catalina Island.
The outbord shop there found a golf cart pump that I had to adapt to get
back home to Dana Point.  I keep that one as a back-up, in case the S/W
ever goes bad.  Any GOOD QUALITY 12 volt fuel pump will work better than
the Facet.

Hope this helps,

Bill King
Island Starr #278