[C38] Cubic feet of air space

eyriepg at comcast.net eyriepg at comcast.net
Sat Nov 24 20:07:17 EST 2007

The 100 watt light bulb produces about the same effect as this product
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/245832/377%20710/0/dry%20z%20air/Secondary%20Search/mode%20matchallpartial/10/0?N=377%20710&Ne=0&Ntt=dry%20z%20air&Ntk=Secondary%20Search&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&Nao=10&Ns=0&keyword=dry%20z%20air&isLTokenURL=true&storeNum=5002&subdeptNum=12&classNum=380
Actually I have seen a light bulb mounted in a metal cylinder placed on the floor do about the same thing.

The product I referred to was
http://www.nationalmarineproducts.com/DRI_Z_AIR_Unit_p/16133.htm
but I am told that the chemical used is commonly available as fertilizer at a home center.  West Marine sells the chemical as
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/270766/377%20710/0/damp%20rid/Primary%20Search/mode%20matchallpartial/0/0?N=377%20710&Ne=0&Ntt=damp%20rid&Ntk=Primary%20Search&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&Nao=0&Ns=0&keyword=damp%20rid&isLTokenURL=true&storeNum=5002&subdeptNum=12&classNum=380
I haven't used it myself though.  I think 2 units are needed for our size boat.

Phil Gay
C38 049 Que Linda
Everett, WA
-------------- Original message -------------http://www.nationalmarineproducts.com/DRI_Z_AIR_Unit_p/16133.htm- .htm
From: "Kenneth M. Sutto" <kmspacific at hotmail.com>
             Phill, I don't see how 2 -110 watt light bulbs will keep the moisture out of a boat that size. With the foreward area, the head, main cabin and aft quarter berth I would think you would need a string of lights.  Where do I find info about chemical air dryer?
Ken Sutto  #253