[C38] Cubic feet of air space

Marc Stewart mstewart at sounddsl.com
Sun Nov 25 12:11:30 EST 2007

Hi,
Plancar, also in Puget Sound, gets along well with a combination:  a
Westmarine "pan fan" for lack of better words, a goldenrod dangling
from the hand-grabs mid-cabin, a small clamp-on desk fan directed at
that and three of the chemical-based dehyrdator baskets - one in the
head, one below the starboard forward window and one in the kitchen.
The fan action uses up the basket it's directed at pretty quickly, so
I rotate the other baskets in turn as I refill depleted ones.  I
still find places of low air flow that stay damp and once in a while
support mold.
I have a solar-activated compartment supply fan in the main cabin and
thought the other day about putting foil over it.  Seems pointless to
pump moist air into the boat that one is trying to keep dry.  How do
others deal w/ solar fans in winter?
Good, timely discussion - thanks all.
Marc & Jane Stewart
C38 026 Palancar