[C38] bilge pumps

Kenneth M. Sutto kmspacific at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 10 22:38:44 EST 2008

    Here,s the problem. My bilge pump works fine except that when it shuts off all the bilge water in the outlet line runs back into the bilge. It's like I ever pumped it out. There is always about a half a two gallon bucket left floating. I want to put a check valve  just past the pump to keep the water from running back. My worry is that once the line is full of water and the pump kicks in, will it be strong enough to pump out the water in the line plus what's in the bilge. I don't want to have to end up with some kind of 35hp ejector pump that sticks up through the floor boards 2 feet with a hose the size of a fire hose and needs four extra batteries to run it.
    Anybody with the same problem?

    Ken              Sundancer