[C38] Chain Plates still leaking

Phil Gay eyriepg at comcast.net
Sun Oct 5 12:31:01 EDT 2008

Steve,

I wonder if  it would be possible to weld a thicker deck plate at the right
spot on the chainplate so that the gap between the chainplate and the deck
plate could be eliminated.  One would have to remove the chainplate, but the
upper-mid chainplates are not too difficult to remove and replace.  Some of
the newer boat designs have this type of chainplate anchor and it would
enlarge the amount of chainplate to deck surface that the sealant is applied
to.  There has to be a better way.

Phil Gay

C38 049 Que Linda

Everett, WA