[C38] Possessory Interests

therorl at aol.com therorl at aol.com
Mon Jul 20 21:36:04 EDT 2009

I sail in San Francisco bay and keep my Catalina 38 in the Vallejo Marina. If you live in Solano County you will know who Charles Lomeli is. If you don't, he is the TAX collector for Solano County. I just received a statement from Mr. Lomelis office that I owe the county a POSSESSORY INTEREST tax on the slip that we rent on a monthly basis from the Vallejo Marina. Now I've owned my boat for five years and this is the first time I've heard of this one.

Has anyone ever heard of this tax, or is this one of those deals that they've thrown at us because the state and every county and city in it is going broke??