[C38] does anyone know?

Tom T. tdtron at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 19 08:17:25 EDT 2009

Hi Patrick,

Steve is right, the plywood bulkhead is solid plywood with a teak veneer.
It is very strong and it should have no problem holding a modern flat
screen TV.

That forward bulkhead is structural on our boats and is designed for a lot
of strain and the little weight of a TV will be insignificant if your
bulkhead is still in good shape.

If the bulkhead is not still in good shape, the TV is the least of your
worries.  I had to replace that bulkhead on my 27 Catalina and it is not a
job you want to do BUT if that bulkhead fails, it could cause a dismasting
which can ruin your whole day.

Tom Troncalli

I would imagine that it is marine plywod  underneath the veneer.

if there are studs behind the paneling?   Is it OK to drill hole above
table at the bow end?