[C38] One project down

Charles Finn charles at finn.ws
Wed Jan 27 11:38:59 EST 2010

You might want to look at
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=11361&familyName=Blue+Sea+Systems+8+Position+Toggle+DC+Circuit+Breaker+Panel#

Jamestown is probably a familiar name to all of us, but you can purchase
and cluster several units for significantly less than $1200!  I would
note a 8 circuit panel costs $168, and individual breakers run $16.48.
You can put together your own panel for substantially less.  I have also
built my own power buss bars behind the panels by purchasing brass stock
and tapping screws.  This really cleans up the back of the panel and
allows for relatively safe access.
Do keep in mind that not all circuit breakers are created equal!  I
recommend testing individual breakers to ensure they perform to their
rating.

Charles Finn
Mighty Quinn, #114
Great Lakes