[C38] Exhaust system check valve

Phil Gay eyriepg at comcast.net
Tue Mar 2 12:06:17 EST 2010

Yes, Tom, it is mounted level with the valve flapper hinged at the top and
closed when no exhaust is going through.

Max and Steve, I installed a 2" check valve to replace the existing 1 5/8"
check valve.  As I mentioned before, the old check valve wasn't functional.
I think the purpose of the check valve is to prevent waves from behind from
surging up the exhaust and entering the exhaust manifold.  Mine was probably
a carryover from the exhaust system from the original Universal engine.

Phil Gay

C38 049 Que Linda

Everett, WA