[C38] Bottom Paint

Phil Gay eyriepg at comcast.net
Tue Apr 6 01:25:33 EDT 2010

Steve,

I know that racing is important to you so I wouldn't recommend the ablative
(soft) paint because you can't legally scrub the algae off the bottom
between races.  I tried Pettit Vivid 2 years ago but it didn't seem to offer
the barnacle protection of the ablative paint.  The Vivid paint also seemed
to scrub off though I know that some California owners scrub theirs.

Based on this I would also recommend the Pettit Trinidad (hard) paint.  It
can be scrubbed responsibly.  The down side of course Is that it must be
removed after several years as the coats build up.

Phil Gay

C38 049 Que Linda

Everett, WA