[C38] Cutlass Bearing Strut Faring

Chapuys at aol.com Chapuys at aol.com
Fri Nov 12 01:45:01 EST 2010

A couple of years ago I had "Bolero" hauled out at the Driscoll Boat works
in San Diego.  They discovered the identical problem and did a complete
rework.  It was a major structural failure and is common with  C-38s.
I also had the shaft replaced with stainless.  Vibration decreased
markedly.  I would classify it as a must do now especially if your boat is  still
hauled out.

Sorry,

Bob Miller
"Bolero" #113 at Southwestern Yacht Club in San Diego

In a message dated 11/11/2010 8:11:54 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,