[C38] Cutlass Bearing Strut Faring

Chuck Finn charles at finn.ws
Fri Nov 12 19:06:04 EST 2010

I with Max on this one.  I have not seen this fiberglass extension in
any of the production plans for the C38.  I am guessing this was an
attempt to deal with some of our "prop walk" by extending the keel.  If
this is true, this is largely cosmetic, which means a bit of grinding
and filling should do the trick.  I would carefully inspect the strut
base inside the hull for any cracks, etc.  However, I must confess the
use of the word "wiggly" does give me pause!

Chuck Finn
Mighty Quinn, #114
Great Lakes