[C38] Chain Plates

littlebreeze at comcast.net littlebreeze at comcast.net
Tue Jul 26 15:23:20 EDT 2011

I was looking at my chain plates the other day and noted something I had not put together before. Each of the four chain plates for the lower shrouds appears to have a bolt going through it coming up from the under side of the deck. The bolt also appears to hold the tab which secures the lower shrouds to the chain plate. It doesn't seem that a single bolt would hold the tab to the chain plate, so I ask those of you who have taken this area apart before and re-bedded it, is the tab just bolted on or is it welded to the chain plate in addition to being bolted on. Thanks for your help.

Kerry Grimes
Little Breeze 139
San Francisco, CA