[C38] SSB in San Diego Anyone?

Richard West rw at idea-asylum.com
Tue Nov 8 10:23:05 EST 2011

Hello All,

Does anyone have an SSB on their boat in the San Diego area?  Here's why I
ask.  Yesterday, our 25 year old friend Eric from our marina in Los Angeles
set off on a 'round the world, solo, non-stop trip.  He's sailing an
Erickson 36 that he's refit for the trip.  He expects to be at sea for
about eight months.

I gave him my old SSB so he'd have another way to stay in touch other than
his sat phone.  His girlfriend lives in Del Mar and I would love to find
someone closer to her that would be willing to let her talk to Eric from
time to time during the trip.  She's always welcome to come up to my boat,
but it's a long drive and LA harbor is a noisy place for a long distance
SSB contact.  They are really nice people and it's been exciting for me to
be involved in Eric's trip, even peripherally.

Thanks,  Rich, Legacy, #360, Los Angeles