[C38] Stanchions

Anders Finn anders at finn.ws
Fri Jan 28 16:16:27 EST 2011

Yeah, I just got a chance to look at this. I think Steve is right here
about a large drop in torsional resistance. However, that being said,
those stanchions forward of the cockpit are not really THAT strong. I
would like to see at least a three bolt design with a larger outer plate
to provide some surface to disperse the torque to the hull.

Anders

PS. They say they're used on Freedom 32's however, from pictures, I
can't see anything resembling a toe rail that would support load on them.