[C38] Best upgrades

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 14:51:17 EDT 2011

Couple more things:

1-Replace the risers and  traveller with a garhauer or harken....It usually
takes two people to adjust it, as you can see on the clip that I sent
yesterday, I was pulling the boom while someone else was adjusting the car..
and get a streight one, not a curved one.

2-I also use the boat as a cabin, so when I installed the air conditioning,
the boat is great for sleeping while on the slip.
3- A battery monitor with amp meter is great for keeping everything under
control
4- That reminds me of another thing: get rid of the amp meter on the engine
panel.. Catalina recommends it...too much current going back and forward!!

max

2011/4/13 PAUL NOTTE <panotte at shaw.ca>

> I have to agree upgrades are an on going thing, The best favour I did for
> myself was to remove any wiring that had been disconected . That job
> actually took longer than I thought but it was well worth the effort.
> Rewiring the A/C side was an easy day job that I believe made the boat much
> safer hint .. have a clear plan before you start and change ALL the wiring
> plugs etc.
>  I'm looking foward to the new bimini... on going process.. and the new
> interior, I use the boat as a cabin on weekends so being comfortable while
> sleeping is important. Next big project is going to be a total rewiring of
> the D/C side with upgrades... and yes i am a glutton for punishment .
>   Pictures up soon as the bimini is should be finished in a couple
> of weeks.
>   Paul
> Impulse

Max Soto