[C38] new stack pack

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 22:28:20 EDT 2011

I just uploaded the pics to a new gallery on our C38 website. The name is
"Estancia - Sail pack", gallery number 13..
The problem is that I'm not able to see it were the cruising photos are... I
have to log  in and go to "gallery" in order to see it...
I think a did something wrong, but I still don't know what!!!    Anders,
help!!!!

It took me a couple of ours to mark the sumbrella and cut it, and a couple
more hours for my friend to sew it..

It looks good but I have my lazy jacks attached to the first spreader bases,
which is very low and tends to pull the sail pack forward... That happens on
a Capri 30 when I installed the first sail pack that I made, made some
changes for mine, but I knew that I needed to install cheeck blocks 60% of
the mainsail luff length up the mast for good positioning..
Marci, the sail pack works without any drilling on the boom or the mast.
 I'm using my mainsail as loose footed, so  webbing is attaching  both sides
of the cover with  round slugs, which are on the boom channel. I f I want to
attach the foot of the sail to the boom, I jus wrap the webbing around the
bolt rope  and slide everything through the groove on the boom and leave the
slugs on the saide, or just cut and remove them..

It is not that expensive, works great, looks good, very easy to install and
remove, plus every time I lower the mainsail, it is already inside the
cover.. This will extend the life of the sail for sure!

I sent the sail pack instructions a while ago through the listserve, if
anyone else wants it, just send me an email. Sail rite is selling them now,
but they send it to me for free before they started to sell them, so I
guess that there is no problem for me to send them to any of you!!
Tomorrow I'll upload some more pics with details and some dos and don'ts....

Regards, Max

2011/6/9 Marci Brown <mb at seafor.us>

> Wow, Max. I like the stack pack concept and don’t like working with my old
> style mainsail cover, which is the most time-intensive part of returning
> from a sail. Will the stack pack work with lazy jacks? I have a canvas
> sewing machine (SailRite) so the only thing I would eventually need is to
> understand the installation instructions. I would assume that there is some
> boom drilling involved...
>

> *Marci J. Brown*
>
> PO Box 520549, Winthrop, MA 02152 USA

Max Soto