[C38] Group 31 battery size

dmills3 at comcast.net dmills3 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 13 12:12:13 EDT 2011

I just installed 2 group 31's 2 weeks ago. My boat is a 1981 and I had to cut the box to fit them in (length). My box was not  straight up and down at the aft end. It came up at an angle and the batteries wouldn't fit (in fact a group 27 wouldn't fit they way it was). Maybe your box is different. I drilled holes at the corners and used a sawzall and cut the bottom back edge and up to the top ledge. I only cut the top edge just enough for the batteries and boxes to fit. It still has a lip so they can't slide aft.

I can attach a photo tom orrow if you like.

Dan Miller #108