[C38] Alternators

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Thu Sep 15 00:33:46 EDT 2011

Tom, correct me if Im wrong but I dont think the 90 amp that Larry has is a problem, assuming the 4 batteries are 12v thats 440 amps, with 220 usable before needing a charge,  with a 90 amp alternator that means something like 60-65 amps going into the bank depending on alt. temp.  at that rate 3 hours or so to fully charge the batteries.  means carrying more fuel but it shouldnt hurt the batteries or the alternator as long at the batteries get fully charged if run that low,

Steve