[C38] Watermakers

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 16:58:56 EDT 2011

Craig,
Larry and Rich West can tell you about installation and use...I looked into
getting one and am still on the fence, but I found a great site (and
downloaded a ton of info) that you should look at
http://ishipaco.com/katadyn/. It talks about the proper care and feeding of
a watermaker as well as some installation considerations.

The PUR/Katadyn 40E seems like the right one for a C38 because it can make
up to 40 gal/day with minimal battery drain and it can be converted to a
manual unit if you lose power.  The other thing to consider is it's one of
the smaller units and that watermakers like to be used (to preserve the
membrane...or they need to be "pickled" between uses), so using more 20-30
gal a day could get to be a chore...again Larry and Rich can tell you more
about that, I'm just referencing my research.

Steve R
Tittravate

--
Steve Ribble