[C38] Fuel tank sending unit

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 06:42:35 EDT 2011

By "sending unit" I assume you're talking about a remote gauge setup. I have
a mechanical float gauge screwed into the top of the tank (#64, 1980 model)
that I replaced this past spring with a Tempo part purchased at a local
marine store.  It was the same part as what I had so I thought it would be a
simple swap.  The machine screw hole lined up so it was easy, and for the
first time I had a fuel gauge - yay! Six weeks later I was transporting 40
miles home from a race and ran out of fuel about 5 miles from my
mooring...gauge still said half a tank!

Moral of the story is: when you install the unit, be sure the float is on
the "center of the boat" side of the gauge so it doesn't lay on the
hull/angled side and show half full.

If you look back through the list archives for this past Spring I posted the
name and address of the manufacturer (Skyline, I think).

Steve R

--
Steve Ribble
207/852-0971