[C38] Teak

Michael Cameron mncameron at att.net
Fri Dec 2 20:21:57 EST 2011

Back when I worked in a woodworking store, our customers who used exotic woods
that were oily all seemed to use a fast drying solvent like acetone to clean the
wood before treatment with finish.  If I remember correctly, the wood should be
finished reasonably quick before the oil comes up to the surface again.

Bob Flexnor and Dave Jewett both author great finishing books which
unfortunately are not with me as I write, your local library may have them, they
are the two best authors on the subject IMO.

  Polyurethane is not good with water except for brief exposure on an undamaged
finish.  Poly is also very hard to repair, where varnish is a breeze to touch
up.

cheers
michael