[C38] Solid Vang / Main Halyard Question

Mark O'Dell mixedbusinesscontact at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 12:36:04 EST 2012

Hey all... Happy holidays.

Curious... I just installed a stack-pack, and now I'm looking to ditch
my topping lift in prep for eventually running my main halyard back to
the cockpit... So I have 2 questions.

1. Does any one have a solid vang?.. or specifically a BoomKicker?
http://www.boomkicker.com/ Boomkicker looks to be the most cost
effective and easily installed solution to a solid-vang-type system.
Anyone out there have one?

2. Running main halyard back to the cockpit... If I do so, and use my
existing main sheet winch on the house as the halyard winch. How do I
control the main sheet while I'm hoisting? Could i simply install a
cam cleat to hold the main sheet steady while I'm hoisting?

Thanx,
Mark O
Momentous #230
Baltimore