[C38] Hurth Transmission

Jay Sorensen jsorensen at novarx.com
Fri May 11 11:31:39 EDT 2012

Hi Larry,

How did you read my mind like that?  It's amazing.  The trans on our boat had started to slip a bit at high rpm so I ordered a complete rebuild kit and plate.  Pulled the unit three weeks ago, split the case and realized it is nothing like rebuilding an engine.  Gear pullers?  Gear press?  Precision spacing to assure quiet operation?  Also, It had been gone through before and has 4 helicoils installed in the case and will need one more, so I don't know if it's something you want to work with or not.  But the gears are good and it never leaked oil before so it seals OK.

So yes, I have a transmission and workable plate you can have.  Beats having them taking up space in the shed.  Where do I send it too?

Jay Sorensen
C-38 #311 Broad Reach
San Diego, CA