[C38] Transmission Shift problem

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 11:18:27 EDT 2012

Bill is right. The shifting in the dock advise is true, i do this every time  I also turn the shaft by hand to make sure there's  in between down there. With my first sailboat I was at a buoy on a river with lots of current, and when i yield for the guy on the buy to release the rope I shifted and inmediatelly the engine stopped. There was a small log between the rudder and the prop. The result, bent prop blades, shaft, strut and some part of the fiberglass on the rubber was gone.

 Back to the subject!
 But if the transmission lever is ok, you can also check the cables support inside the pedestal. It has a cotter pin that holds both cables still. Maybe a cable could have slipped out it.
Regards, Max

Sent from my iPod