[C38] sail polars - Hassle's Polars attached

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Wed Sep 5 03:36:59 EDT 2012

Steve,
     Thanks - On Macavity we (actually the Jesusita fire_) got rid of
our symmetric chutes and pole and went to all Assy. We have had crew
availability problems together with the effects of my re-hab so we
really have not tested the new system.  Our set up is: 42 inch
retractable Seldon sprit.  3/4 Assy A-3 which is 180 percent of our 15.6
J.  We have not yet flown our 1/2 oz A-2 which is 180 percent of our new
J which is 19 feet.  The 1/2 oz has little shoulders because it is
designed to get us moving in the 3 to 6 knot range when the boat tends
to stick.
     Crew in Santa Barbara is a real problem so we have two changes to
deal with that. We have Harken two speed racing electric winches for the
primaries and the main sheet.
     Latest addition is a Karver top down furling system for the
chutes.  All I need is some crew. Anyone want to move to Santa Barbara?