[C38] Solid Vang / Main Halyard Question

Jay Sorensen jsorensen at novarx.com
Sun Dec 30 18:37:45 EST 2012

Hey Mark,

We have a Gaurhauer solid vang which works well and we have the main haylard routed via a mast base block, a cabin top deck organizer, and a rope clutch leading to the port side cabin top Lewmar 30 ST winch.  Not the most friction free system, but the main can be raised from the cockpit and clutched off, freeing the winch up for other duties.  The vang is also led aft through the deck organizer and a rope clutch to the port side as well.  I can send photos if desired.

The Garhauer was reasonable in price during a sale awhile back and installation was easy.

Jay Sorensen
C-38 #311 Broad Reach
San Diego, CA