[C38] Another Toe Rail question

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Mon Feb 25 02:05:27 EST 2013

We use a cleat amid ship on the genoa track, mostly for docking, I love
it.  It makes single handed docking and pulling into tight slips a
breeze.  I really try to avoid the well intentioned souls on the dock
who want to help by pulling on the life lines or the stanchions.  For
spring lines I just loop through the toe rail, in the five years I have
had the boat I just shortened the lines recently for the first time to
remove the chafed area.