[C38] Thru-hull fittings

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Thu May 9 02:21:22 EDT 2013

Jon,

Last year I had the macerator, head sink, knot meter and the forward
water intake glassed over, then put the knot meter on center line,
relocated the water intake and combined the macerator, head discharge
and head sink into one through hull, we went from having 6 through hulls
down to four.  The head/macerator/head sink and the water maker were
replaced with flospar's flotech flush closing valves.   They are pretty
slick when closed a plug extends to be flush with the hull.  I put in a
bilge sump tank that the head sink and shower sump drain into and then
it pumps to the head discharge.
http://www.forespar.com/products/boat-marine-plumbing-flotech-performanc
e-valve.shtml

Steve