[C38] Galley faucet

les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Thu May 16 13:33:51 EDT 2013

We used an off the shelf Kholer unit.  I got the valve turned the wrong
way and hot was cold water, but it worked well.  KneeDeep has been on
cruise for a while and I keep in touch with the new owner periodically,
and they have never mentioned a problem.  The biggest issue is of course
the exterior of the faucet being subject to corrosion.  Enameled or
powder coated parts will be best.  Chrome plating doesn't hold up in
salt water atmosphere.  But even chrome should last several years.
Getting to the connections through the access hole in the back of the
dining setee was a pain.  I removed the port frame to get a bigger
opening, and reinstalled it when I was done.

If you are going to the trouble, you might consider installing a door to
get access to the space under the little cabinet next to the sink.  This
could be made into some good storage space.  Our fresh water pump was in
there, but I think I should have moved it out to the port side more and
added a storage bin under there.

Regards,