[C38] Something to check

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Sat May 18 08:05:27 EDT 2013

Yes and yes...I have replaced a couple of stanchions each year for some
time, the welds rust and the inherent abuse from people's good intentions
when docking get the cracks started and it all goes south from there.

I've also replaced the lifelines and chose uncoated stainless, partially
for the cost and partially for the look. Unfortunately, the lifelines are
chewing through my $300 jib sheets so the cost part of my rationale isn't
working out. My advice to anyone replacing the lifelines is to go with an
advanced fiber like Dyneema rather than stainless.

Steve R

--
Steve Ribble
207/852-0971