[C38] A different mast question

Charles Finn charles at finn.ws
Tue Jun 25 20:08:19 EDT 2013

While our mast does not flex much, you certainly can see the head stay and sail change as you flex it.  I constantly adjust the backstay depending on wind direction and speed.  You can readily see changes in boat speed.   I also think there is deflection regarding the keel and cabin roof, but with spartite and a massive keel, I think the mast deflects most.  Regardless of what moves, it does affect performance!
Chuck Finn
Mighty Quinn. #114
Great Lakes

Sent from my iPad