[C38] Shower fitting

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 09:16:11 EDT 2013

Hi Julian, my original shower head passed on to that big bathroom in the
sky a couple years ago. Coincidentally I had just had a sales call from a
plumbing fixture rep who happened to leave me with two restrictive flow
heads, one with the flexible hose.

I tried to swap the head and hose for the one on the boat, but the hose
fitting wouldn't work, so I just swapped out the head. It's plastic, like
the original, but it is chrome plated so it looks good. It also has the
spry-stream adjustment option and because it's a restrictive conservation
type head, the spray comes out like a shower, not the dribbling mess that I
was used to. Spoiler alert: there is one downside, there isn't a handy
on-off button like the old one and I have to use the facet controls for
that.

The point of the story is that if you can deal with the on-off control
issue, you can replace the shower head with about any aftermarket home-use
replacement head for a few bucks...at least until you either find a
replacement you want, or find the cash to buy the correct marine use system.

Steve R
Tittravate, #64

--
Steve Ribble